A P2P network or peer – to – peer network is a network in which a computer present in a network can either be made to as a server or as a client depending up on the requirement of the other computers present in the same network.
– This provides a shared access to the computers for a number of resources such as the peripherals (printers, scanners etc.), sensors and files.
– In a peer – to – peer network there is no requirement of a central server.
– This allows one to set up such a network easily over the internet, at home or at business.
– The basic requirement of a peer–to–peer network is that the same compatible program must be installed in every system and the same should be used for establishing a connection among them and facilitates the accessing of the files and other resources as well that are present in the network.
– P2P networks are found to be suitable for the sharing of media such as:
3. And any other thing in digital format
– The architecture of the peer – to – peer network has been designed in a distributed fashion so that the workloads and tasks of the peers can be divided or portioned easily.
– Each of the peers in the participation are provided with equal privileges in the application.
– Every computer represents a node in the network and a portion of the resources of each node is set aside by the owner for the other participants of the peer – to – peer network.
– The shared resources might include things such as:
1. Processing power
2. Band width of the network
3. Disk storage and so on.
– All these resources can be accessed directly by other network participants without requiring any central coordination from the stable hosts as well as the servers.
– In this way the peers become both the consumers as well as the suppliers of the resource.
– Also, this model is meant for supplementing the recovery and the user detection by improving the QA activity of the application.
– This is in great contrast with the client–server model where the supplying is only the server’s thing and receiving or consuming is only the client’s thing.
– Diverse peers are under research since they can be used to bring in the capabilities as well as resources in a virtual community.
– This will empower the community to carry out tasks greater than what individual peers could carry out and still remain beneficial to the other peers.
– Pipes platform developed by the peer Logic was the first ever P2P distributed system platform.
Scope of Peer-to-Peer Network
– The scope of the peer–to–peer networking is not just confined to technology rather it extends to many social processes with a dynamic version.
– The resources are provided by the clients and may include one or more of the things mentioned earlier in the article.
– This is one of the major advantages of a P2P network since this helps in cutting down the cost of the set up and running.
– On the arrival of the nodes, automatically the demand for resources increases, causing an increase in the capacity of the system and this is turn decreases the probability of the failure.
– This is to say that if breakdown occurs in one of the peers on the network, the rest of the network continues to function properly without compromising for the damage.